- To increase the proportion of underrepresented minority student participants in stem disciplines
- To retain minority student on eligible STEM fields, prepare them to engage in research opportunities as undergraduates, & stimulate their commitment to complete the undergraduate degree.
- To enlarge the pool of minority STEM students with research experiences as undergraduates, and prepare and motivate an increased number of these students to pursue advanced study.
- To accelerate the socialization process and reinforce each student's commitment to earn a bachelor's degree and to pursue graduate study or emplyment in a STEM related field.
- To facilitate the adoption of effective recruitment and retention programs and practices by peach state alliance faculty & staff.